[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finding a Job

Go down 
+2
metz420
surf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
surf
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
surf

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:14 pm

So i'm gonna graduate in May with a Bachelors in Business and a Marketing Concentration. Any recommendations from you old guys about where to look, what companies to avoid?? I'll take any advice I can get, just don't wanna end up at an Initech.
Back to top Go down
metz420
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
metz420

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 pm

ignore cutco letters

though if you're graduating from college you already know all about those, from your high school graduation
Back to top Go down
surf
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
surf

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Yea, So i've gotten a hailstorm of responses from Aflac. Anyone have any personal experience with that?
Back to top Go down
metz420
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
metz420

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm gonna assume that anyone who contacts YOU, unless it's something your school helped arrange, is going to be fake or at best extremely exploitative. Try and find something on your local craigslist, thats how I found my current job.
Back to top Go down
metz420
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
metz420

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:06 pm

http://www.indeed.com/forum/cmp/Aflac/Aflac-is-SCAM-you-pay-them-work/t13238
Back to top Go down
BOB FUCKING VILA
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
BOB FUCKING VILA

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I worked at Geico for a bit. Not too bad.
Back to top Go down
elie
Serial Rapist
Serial Rapist
elie

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 4:55 pm

BOB FUCKING VILA wrote:
Ok, truth time. Do I really save 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico or is that little fucker lying to me?
Back to top Go down
surf
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
surf

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Good call Metz, thats some interesting info. Hopefully my talk with Verizon goes better!

And Elie, my dad switched to geico and did indeed save a few hundy.
Back to top Go down
metz420
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
metz420

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:01 pm

good luck man
Back to top Go down
Koala
Special Super Secret Spy
Special Super Secret Spy

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:14 pm

elie wrote:
BOB FUCKING VILA wrote:
Ok, truth time. Do I really save 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico or is that little fucker lying to me?
lmao your sig is going to my music perfectly
Back to top Go down
Psyclone
Full Fledged Loser
Full Fledged Loser

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Go out and find your own job. 95% of available jobs aren't listed anywhere, you've just got to pick a company and go informally interview with someone there to see what they have available. Even if they don't have something, more often than not they will point you in the right direction within that field. That's how I found my job at the publishing company which got me a trip around the world to do whatever I wanted. It also made it a lot easier to get the job at the Globe when that came along because I had informally interviewed there and the person who approved my hiring remembered me.

So basically what I'm saying is go figure out where you want to work and go do it. I interviewed Theo Epstein the other day and he said he got into baseball by sending his resume to every major league club and the Padres offered him a job. Get 'yo ass off the couch!
Back to top Go down
surf
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
surf

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:50 pm

haha fair enough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding a Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding a Job   Finding a Job I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding a Job
Page 1 of 1