[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nice article on interp / LERP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warling
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Warling

Nice article on interp / LERP Empty
PostSubject: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Whilst looking around at the new interpolation stuffs i found a good article that explains it and tells you what settings to change to make it better.

linky to the article
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

tl:dr version is that cl_interp .033 will sync hitboxes better with the models that you see in game.

Back to top Go down
Irish_Bhoy
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
Irish_Bhoy

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks Warling I've not actually read this yet but will do tomorrow
I'll also put in a new rates thingy in the server to fix things better I know all my hit boxes are slow as fucking hell I aim and hit their head and it does jack shit altho hit to the left or behind them and BOOM HEAD SHOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.irishness.on.nimp.org
Warling
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Warling

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:23 pm

lol, if you have no problems with packet loss / choke then you can use cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_ratio 1

that makes the hitboxes as close to the model as possible with the new engine. i do believe that anguish / prodigy / a couple others all said this helped them a bit. also you'll now if your choke / packet loss goes up with these settings 'cause pretty much everything will start jumping around
Back to top Go down
Irish_Bhoy
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
Irish_Bhoy

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm

kk I'll talk to you about it when we're in game next.
I'm sick of being round coners and my hit box is like still waving at the attcker!
Back to top Go down
http://www.irishness.on.nimp.org
[GoG] prODigY
Special Super Secret Spy
Special Super Secret Spy
[GoG] prODigY

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah I found the cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_ratio 1 make a pretty decent improvement.
I like actually being able to shoot people in the head when I aim there.
Back to top Go down
bart
I FUCKING ♥ GODS OF GAMING!
I FUCKING ♥ GODS OF GAMING!
bart

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:02 pm

[GoG-Jr] prODigY wrote:
Yeah I found the cl_interp 0 and cl_interp_ratio 1 make a pretty decent improvement.
I like actually being able to shoot people in the head when I aim there.

I don't know how you can play like that, It got me so pissed! Fucking nig nogs jumping all over the place!!!
Back to top Go down
Warling
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Warling

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:04 am

yeah prod, its epic isnt it XD

bart, stuff will only jump around a lot if you have packet loss / choke issues. otherwise it'll be smooth and court's behind.

irish, those rates will only affect how you see other people's hitboxes, not how they see yours. hence why it's that important to have other peoples' rates up to par, so gay crap like that happens to you XD

also i'm not sure if these rates affect how well the server performs or if it'll have only client side affects. from what i've read i dont think it'll mess with the server at all, however if you have a lower end comp that is already struggling to get decent FPS i think it'll lower frame rate even more due to you making it reduce the delay
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:03 pm

oh linear interpolation, how you help me in all aspects of life...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice article on interp / LERP   Nice article on interp / LERP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice article on interp / LERP
Page 1 of 1