[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Forum Look

Go down 
+9
S.F.s/AKs
Irish_Bhoy
A Ton of Asians
Liquidl)arkness
[GoG] prODigY
Halolamer
bart
[GoG] Karnage
Anthrax
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Here is a beta for the new forum. this is pretty close to the finished product.

please post opinions, wants, desires, likes and dislikes. bear in mind anything is subject to change, and of course we can always revert back to the old style if people want. (the old style + a fixed banner for the servers tho)

also glad to be back in the saddle and nice seeing all you guys again :]

EDIT: Also upon posting the new forums i already see some immediate flaws. such as the quote, edit, etc buttons are hard to read. im working on that. also the greyish background is supposed to be see through-ish. dunno why that didnt work. and also the banner will probably be radically changed as it doesnt have the server ips or ventrilo info atm. like i said... beta-ish ;]

DOUBLE EDIT: also the sigs def need to be resized. ill post specs for the new recommended sig size later.

TRIPLE EDIT: As I mess with the forums things will probably change every know and then for the better or worse so uh. just ignore it >.>

QUADRUPLE EDIT: Most things are shaping up as final now folks! At least stylistically. basically everyone's forum regardless of web browser or screen size should look relatively the same Very Happy of course ive been wrong before so if people do find new problems than please screenshot and post whats wrong :]

Right now you should be seeing this: New Forum Look Forums13

Also now i can move on to other known problems, such as:
-The banner needs finishing/reworking/fixing
-Odd gap between names and posts. might not be fixable? >.>;;
-setting a new standard for signature sizes.
-cleaning up old posts, stickies, and threads. also optimizing the forums to support more games, such as LOTRO, Minecraft, L4D, and CoD seeing how people play other games too.

Hope you guys like the changes and also hope they work on your pc >.>; Very Happy

Another EDIT: It has come to my attention that for anyone using Internet Explorer, the background image will NOT be framed and sized properly. this is solely a flaw on Microsoft's part and the fact that IE8 does not utilize CSS3. To fix this i will do absolutely nothing except recommend you use firefox or even chrome OR if you are a die hard IE fan, then wait for IE9 which is still in beta right now and can use CSS3 properly. Im tired of coding that background image haha and i checked it out on an IE browser and it doesnt even look that bad so youll all deal ;P (unless there is horrible backlash then maybe ill do something but it better be horrible!) Oh also you can download a beta version of IE9 from Microsoft (just google it) and that will also fix the problem.

Last edited by Anthrax on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://godsofgaming.forumotion.net
[GoG] Karnage
Special Super Secret Spy
Special Super Secret Spy
[GoG] Karnage

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Dear Anthrax, I love you.
Back to top Go down
bart
I FUCKING ♥ GODS OF GAMING!
bart

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Looks really great, but all that bothers me is the gap between my avatar and stuff and my post.
Back to top Go down
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 pm

could you put screenshot and some cruddy ms paint to explain what you mean bart haha >.> not sure i followed you.
Back to top Go down
Halolamer
I like rusty spoons.
I like rusty spoons.

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 am

any way to make the background taller?.. its the same gray as the GOG spry but when you scroll down its noticeable that the background inst tall enough.

im seeing 2 Grey gaps at the top left and right of screen where i think background should be (you said something about transparent grayish background.. dunno if this is what you were talking about)

but other then that it looks good.. real good
Back to top Go down
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 am

would you mind posting a screenshot and ms paint circle what your talking about? i think if i know what your talking about i already fixed it? but maybe not. also mention what browser your currently using.
Back to top Go down
Halolamer
I like rusty spoons.
I like rusty spoons.

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:12 am

New Forum Look Gogscr13
Back to top Go down
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 am

what what.... Shocked i dont have that on my screen and im also using firefox. i swear these forums will be the death of me. uh. ok. lemme see who else is having that problem if anyone >.>
Back to top Go down
[GoG] prODigY
Special Super Secret Spy
Special Super Secret Spy
[GoG] prODigY

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:06 am

I have get that but only if I make my browser maximized on a 24" monitor.
But I rarely ever have it maximized so I wouldn't have noticed.
Back to top Go down
bart
bart

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 am

New Forum Look Thattt10
Back to top Go down
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:30 am

but sadly i need it good for everyone 100% of the time. gr. dang forums are redonkulous. ill keep messing around. lemme know if its fixed or if i break more stuff >.>

EDIT: Hopefully, everything except bart's complaint should now be addressed Very Happy and bart, i agree and am looking into fixing that as well!
Back to top Go down
Liquidl)arkness
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Liquidl)arkness

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:37 pm

not a fan of the main banner, scrolling is super laggy now. lol spent a whole 2 min on since posting so thats what ive noticed Razz but good work anthrax

quote edit and the other button are hard to read maby clean some of the extra scribble stuff around it off so itd be easier? i unno lol
Back to top Go down
A Ton of Asians
I have nothing better to do than make 350+ posts on a crappy video game forum.. wow.
I have nothing better to do than make 350+ posts on a crappy video game forum.. wow.
A Ton of Asians

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Agreeing with Liquid on this.....

Looks great, but needs a few minor touch-ups.
Back to top Go down
Irish_Bhoy
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
Irish_Bhoy

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 pm

tbh I dont like it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.irishness.on.nimp.org
S.F.s/AKs
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
S.F.s/AKs

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 pm

dont wanna sound like a douche, but it kind of feels like a downgrade...to me organization beats appeal.
Back to top Go down
Halolamer
I like rusty spoons.
I like rusty spoons.

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 1:09 am

S.F.s/AKs wrote:
dont wanna sound like a douche, but it kind of feels like a downgrade...to me organization beats appeal.

and thats why the inteligencia dont buy macs
Back to top Go down
[GoG] Klown
Homicidal Maniac
Homicidal Maniac
[GoG] Klown

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 am

I think it looks good i see what Anthrax is going at and having done web development before, i can agree that designing a page for cross-browser support is REDICULOUS. There is no standard that all browsers agree to. Also, If they use the w3c standard each browser implements it "slightly" different. Usually it has alot to do with margins,width fields and transparencies.

IMHO: Shitty font choice for the buttons, nearly illegible...
Back to top Go down
http://www.aephix.net
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 12:11 pm

aight. ill make some changes ;] like i said before this has been a "beta"

butttt... due to it being exam time and the end of the semester more or less in the exciting world of upper acedemia, it has transcended into an "extended beta" haha Razz

ill have more time to work on it over fall break. in the meantime i think we will go back to the older version of the site then, just so everyone is happy :]

also font is duly noted haha.
Back to top Go down
Piechowski
Homicidal Maniac
Homicidal Maniac
Piechowski

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:58 pm

it looks plain jane boring now

but i understand your working hard on it
so i'll still be your friend Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Floridas Merc
Uber Nub
Uber Nub
Floridas Merc

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:12 am

Looks good! Perhaps some low contrast borders...I'd say 20% opacity? Just an idea and unnecessary to it's design. Nice job on this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000688601793
Anthrax
[GoG] Website Admin
[GoG] Website Admin
Anthrax

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:36 am

did is say i would have a newer version ready by after thanksgiving? i meant during xmas break! >.>;;

bear with me people! im still working on it <3 heh
Back to top Go down
bart
bart

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm

its looking good either way, take a break over your break

n00b
Back to top Go down
soul reaver
Uber Nub
Uber Nub

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:49 am

looks good. just a couple touch ups n its the bomb diggidy.lol. gonna miss u guys when im at boot camp. wish me luck!!! MARINES!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum Look   New Forum Look I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forum Look
Page 1 of 1