[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wireless help

Go down 
+3
T R A N C E
molotovsolution
Bong Hits For Jesus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:35 pm

Ok, so here the deal, I've got wireless on my computer, and every time my brother gets on his computer mine lags out. His is connected directly to the modem, and when I unplug it, my computer works fine. Is there anyway to limit the bandwidth to which my brother can use, so there is more for me? Please explain solutions as if to a 10 year old, for I am hopeless at computers.
Back to top Go down
molotovsolution
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
molotovsolution

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 6:37 pm

just nut on the modem, that should do the trick
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 7:01 pm

nut on the modem?
Back to top Go down
T R A N C E
Homicidal Maniac
Homicidal Maniac
T R A N C E

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 pm

Yeah Bong, just put your nuts on the modem.
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 pm

hmmm, your logic veeeeery intriguing
Back to top Go down
Hot Pocket
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:45 am

What type of Router (name brand) do you have? You will need to go into the Routers settings by typing the IP of the router into your internet browser. When inside your routers settings look around for an option to limit the amount of bandwidth per computer, either that or buy faster internet so you don't have that problem, what speed internet are you paying for it has to be low if only 2 comps are both fighting for bandwidth. Also I hope you have your wireless connection passworded and secure or else people will mooch off of it, which can cause very low bandwidth and might be what is causing your two computers to be fighting over bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:03 pm

theres 2 more wireless laptops on the system, they don't affect my computer that much. My shit is passworded, i'll try to limit his bandwidth how you explained it, seems simple enough. Any specifics about what kind of limit I should put on it with out being to obvious?
Back to top Go down
pubb!n
I have the libido of a tiger!
I have the libido of a tiger!
pubb!n

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:47 pm

molotovsolution wrote:
just nut on the modem, that should do the trick

lol
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 pm

look in my post titled "tech help for ranger". Blue answered this exact question.
Back to top Go down
player1
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:28 am

Ranger Smith wrote:
look in my post titled "tech help for ranger". Blue answered this exact question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wireless help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wireless help   Wireless help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wireless help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Gods of Gaming] :: General :: General-
Jump to: