[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my internet...

Go down 
+3
S.F.s/AKs
Yuriy.GoG
Surf&Turf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Surf&Turf
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Surf&Turf

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:02 pm

SUCKS. yea i'm trying to play css in my apartment on campus and the majority of the time my ping is so shitty and i lag horribly. This is my excuse for very limited appearances as of late. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Yuriy.GoG
I have the libido of a tiger!
I have the libido of a tiger!
Yuriy.GoG

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:07 pm

are you catching wireless internet?

get a better rounter... i have a belkin N1 and my ping is high but i dont lagg.. it was only $80 too but now its like $50.
Back to top Go down
S.F.s/AKs
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
S.F.s/AKs

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 10:11 pm

lol rounter...wats a rounter????? lol!
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:23 pm

i too, have a belkin, and my ping has been lower here than it used to be at home.
Back to top Go down
elie
Serial Rapist
Serial Rapist
elie

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 pm

In the US i see all these portable modems that just plug in usb and you get an internet connection. Try getting one of those as opposed to the crappy internet you're getting in your dorm.
Back to top Go down
Surf&Turf
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Surf&Turf

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:49 am

I can pick up some wireless connections with my wireless card but the signals are very weak. Would a router really affect my performance if the host signal isn't strong to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:16 am

you need to get a modem from a provider of your own, relying on someone elses internet will be the cause of all sorts of issues. I personally went with road runner and got a belkin router and it's working great.
Back to top Go down
Hot Pocket
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:01 am

What you are referring to Elie is a Air-Card and he still has to pay for that its not just free after you buy the Air-Card. Your best bet would be to get a cable modem like ranger said, and no a router wont help the connection when it's already crap to begin with.

Well now that i think about it if you already have cable and everyone in that apartment is running off the same modem I'm sure they are using tons of splitters to do this, you might want to get DSL since it uses the phone lines to connect and not the cable wire coming out of the wall, every splitter used before it gets to the cable modem depending how old or new they are slows your connection down by at least 3gigs.
Back to top Go down
Surf&Turf
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Surf&Turf

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:15 pm

i see, and how much does this road runner service cost you monthly?
Back to top Go down
BOB FUCKING VILA
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
BOB FUCKING VILA

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm

29.95 for 12 months and 39.95 every month after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

my internet... Empty
PostSubject: Re: my internet...   my internet... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my internet...
Page 1 of 1