[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Name Hackers

Go down 
+4
Popsicle
Get on my Level
maTT (Self-banned)
Tenacious
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenacious
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Tenacious

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:16 pm

Some name hackers are on right now and are spamming the mic like shit. Can't really get a steam ID but they are here right now if anyone happens to read this. 9:16 PM EST
Back to top Go down
maTT (Self-banned)
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:30 pm

Tenacious wrote:
Some name hackers are on right now and are spamming the mic like shit. Can't really get a steam ID but they are here right now if anyone happens to read this. 9:16 PM EST

Name hackers? Wtf is that? People with the same name as other people?
Back to top Go down
Tenacious
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
Tenacious

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:50 pm

They can do a bunch o stuff that isn't that fun.
Back to top Go down
maTT (Self-banned)
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Tenacious wrote:

By copying someone elses name? I don't get your drift, except it would be hard to point out when you try and ban them.
Back to top Go down
Get on my Level
Stalker
Stalker
Get on my Level

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:25 pm

bahaha the music they were playing was mad funny
Back to top Go down
Popsicle
Sysop
Sysop
Popsicle

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 pm

maTT wrote:
Tenacious wrote:

By copying someone elses name? I don't get your drift, except it would be hard to point out when you try and ban them.

99% of the time the user will have a blank space before or after their name. They just use "invisible" Alt characters to make it look like they have the same name but they won't get the (1) after it.

Unless he's talking about the unconnected name bug, which makes it so you can't mute the person with CS:S's default mute function, their name will also show up as though you killed a teammate when you kill them, and blank when they kill others. They still count as normal players on the other team though, not as teamkills etc...

Regardless you can get unconnected people's steam ID as well as most name hackers by typing status in console and finding unconnected, or the player with the space before / after his name. Copy and pasting that shouldn't be accepted as evidence anywhere though unless there are server logs to back it up because it's easy to just put whatever you'd like in place of what's actually there. Good to know if you're an admin and present at the time though.
Back to top Go down
maTT (Self-banned)
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Oh... Thanks popsicle.. Didn't know about the unconnected glitch. How do you get around it without getting kicked for "No steam log on"? That's pretty bad either way, hope it's fixed in the new cs.
Back to top Go down
Popsicle
Sysop
Sysop
Popsicle

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:41 pm

maTT wrote:
Oh... Thanks popsicle.. Didn't know about the unconnected glitch. How do you get around it without getting kicked for "No steam log on"? That's pretty bad either way, hope it's fixed in the new cs.

It's done via a console command, you're not actually "unconnected", it just kinda fools the server into thinking so.
Back to top Go down
BOB FUCKING VILA
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
BOB FUCKING VILA

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I always ban the people with their name as unconnected. They show up as a blank in the ban list. I immediately ban them because chances are, they're up to no good.
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:07 am

Irish, lay off the booze...
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:11 am

get on steam sometime soon, we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
BOB FUCKING VILA
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
BOB FUCKING VILA

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:12 am

Fuck you Taz, you love dick.

Miss you.
Back to top Go down
Bong Hits For Jesus
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Im the real Slim Shadey.
Bong Hits For Jesus

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:25 am

you don wuv me? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
BOB FUCKING VILA
[GoG] Leader
[GoG] Leader
BOB FUCKING VILA

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:27 am

I do.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 am

there was a script in 1.6 that allowed hackers to automatically change their name every 5 seconds or so to something random or preset. havn't seen it in source. and as far as i know, there is no new cs coming out anytime soon. That counter-strike online bullshit is NOT the new cs, it's fake and i can't believe people are falling for it.
Back to top Go down
Popsicle
Sysop
Sysop
Popsicle

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Ranger Smith wrote:
there was a script in 1.6 that allowed hackers to automatically change their name every 5 seconds or so to something random or preset. havn't seen it in source. and as far as i know, there is no new cs coming out anytime soon. That counter-strike online bullshit is NOT the new cs, it's fake and i can't believe people are falling for it.

Yeah, it's possible in Source. Due to name changes being limited on most servers you don't see it as much, or if you do it's not every 5 seconds, rather than random it usually just picks a player from the currently active players and adds the Alt character before or after their name.
Back to top Go down
easy muhfuckin e
Let's get dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
Let's get dangerous! - Darkwing Duck

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 3:13 pm

you know alot about scripts popsicle.. write me a bhop scipt Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
maTT (Self-banned)
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:03 pm

easy muhfuckin e wrote:
you know alot about scripts popsicle.. write me a bhop scipt Twisted Evil

Lol, wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Name Hackers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name Hackers   Name Hackers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name Hackers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Gods of Gaming] :: [GoG] CSS Clan :: [GoG] Ban and Unban Requests-