[Gods of Gaming]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gods of Gaming]

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RoFL - Alpha 2.0

Go down 
+2
S.F.s/AKs
Ranger Smith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Hey peoples,

Realm of Fallen Lords is back and we've just finished our alpha development stage.

The game has changed a bit since I introduced it so I'll go over the general story and gameplay:

Story/Setting:
The game takes place on a random world which two religious factions, the Blessed and the Dark Brethren, have chosen as a battleground. Each side has enslaved the native population of guerilla-like creatures to use as minions to fight in their war. Two champions from each side are fighting for dominance on a small arena high above the clouds. Fighting for the Blessed is Helix, an armored humanoid who uses advanced technology along with his double-edged blade in battle. The Dark Brethren, using more industrial tech, have Vorros, a bull-like creature wielding a giant hammer. There is no "right" or "wrong" side in this war, but both believe they are in the right and are willing to die defending that belief.

Gameplay (as of alpha):
Each side has a Power Core, which is shielded and provides healing. The objective is to destroy the other side's Power Core by first bringing down the shield and then destroying the hull. Each side also has two huts that spawn Minions at specific intervals. The map is divided into two main lanes splitting off from each base and and a small area in the middle of the map. Each lane leads directly to the enemy base. Minions will move down these lanes towards the enemy base and attack any enemies they meet along the way. Along these lanes are Control Points that can be captured to regenerate your Power Core's shield. The more Control Points you capture, the faster your shield regenerates. Control Points also heal nearby minions belonging to the controlling side. You can take down the enemy Power Core's shield by attacking it. Once the shield is down, attack the hull to destroy the Power Core and win the game.

Champions use hack and slash melee combat to attack. Champions can execute combos via Light and Heavy attack styles. Champions can level up both Melee and Defense skills that govern damage dealt and damage taken, respectively. Attacking enemies gaines experience in the Melee skill while taking damage gains experience in the Defense skill.

Controls:
Movement: arrow keys / wasd
Light attacks: J
Heavy attacks: K
Toggle enemy champion doing combos(this is more for debugging): T
Enable wireframe/framerate mode: C
Disable wireframe/framerate mode: X
Dropdown state menu: Z

Tips:
Capturing Control Points is essential to winning as it allows your minions to push further down the lane towards the enemy base.
Your minions are meant to be a supplement to your assault, use them to your tactical advantage.

Known Issues:
Sometimes Minion and Champion AI will ignore enemies attacking their base.
Champion occasionaly respawns instantly.
Champion very rarely doesn't respawn.
Balance is an ongoing issue.
Games can go on for quite some time as winning is difficult at later levels.
Champion AI sometimes attacks enemies that arn't there.
Very rarely a champion's model will disappear while attacking.
Collision fails at low framerates.

Plans for Beta:
Do something with middle area, open to suggestions.
Add ability to choose sides.
Add ranged minions.
Add Magic attacks.
Add Blocking.
Improve AI.
Add/Improve effects.
Add particles.
Improve/Polish/Balance gameplay.
Polish timing on attacks/animations.
Fix bugs.

I would love feedback from everyone, be it good or bad, to help us improve this game. Posting bugs or suggestions, things you liked or didn't like, is very much appreciated. Thank you.

http://www.filefront.com/17857409/setup.exe

Last edited by Ranger Smith on Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
S.F.s/AKs
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
When you have sex with me, its like your having sex with everyone ive ever had sex with before.
S.F.s/AKs

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:22 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
Hot Pocket
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 11:11 pm

WTF, Ranger you made a game?
Back to top Go down
Halolamer
I like rusty spoons.
I like rusty spoons.

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:36 am

patient pig is waiting
Back to top Go down
A Ton of Asians
I have nothing better to do than make 350+ posts on a crappy video game forum.. wow.
I have nothing better to do than make 350+ posts on a crappy video game forum.. wow.
A Ton of Asians

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:00 pm

If I don't see tits in this game, it isn't worth my time.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 pm

It's up, play and report.
Back to top Go down
SpartanH32
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
SpartanH32

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 7:53 pm

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Shortvictory

here you go 3 min to beat the game
Back to top Go down
SpartanH32
Forum Troll
Forum Troll
SpartanH32

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:03 pm

btw the music is epic!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hot Pocket
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:54 pm

seems like a DOTA but wth keyboard instead of mouse some more polish and I think it will be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm

Well, it was meant to be a LoL clone, hence the name RoFL.

We have two more months of production left.
Back to top Go down
S.F.s/AKs
S.F.s/AKs

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Found a glitch. I don't know if you're already aware but here:
RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Roflglitch001
nothing too big, it's just my npc couldn't reach him, so I had to kill him
Back to top Go down
Ranger Smith
[GoG] Founder
[GoG] Founder
Ranger Smith

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah, press C next time and check your framerate. When your framerate gets low, map collision starts to fail. Also, when the game loses focus and the pause menu comes up, sometimes they get out of the map. Thanks for finding bugs though, keep looking Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RoFL - Alpha 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RoFL - Alpha 2.0   RoFL - Alpha 2.0 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RoFL - Alpha 2.0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Gods of Gaming] :: General :: General-
Jump to: